Lorne Oliver has been writing most of his life. He honestly doesn’t remember a time when he didn’t have a black covered notebook in hand. The only time he doesn’t have the notebook is when at work in whichever kitchen he is in. (but he still has a notepad in his pocket) He has moved all across Canada, but now calls northern Saskatchewan home where he lives with his wife and 2 children.
Things you may not know about Lorne Oliver
- He hates scary movies and did not start watching them until over the past couple of years.
- It took him years to watch The Silence of the Lambs and it is now one of his favorite movies.
- He is afraid of the dark, attics, and chickens.
- There are many connections between the novels. (see the BOOKS page)
- Lorne is a big supporter of other Canadian artists. (a character in Red Serge and one in The Cistern are named after songs by the Canadian band Barenaked Ladies) He often mentions other indie authors and artists in the books.